Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Hindsight is 20/20

"Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forward."

What an amazing journey this has been. I've had a lot of fun searching for pictures and reminiscing about my twenties. There are so many things I wish I could tell my 20 year old self- those pearls of wisdom that only come from countless mistakes: Don't date him or if you're going to date him at least get kiss before you dump him. Buy that fast car. Put those doughnuts down because that 100 pound figure of yours isn't going to last, in fact it will be a distant memory by 26. Laugh more, smile often. Quit waiting for something to happen. Invest in Facebook. Slow down.

I've met so many people in the last 10 years. Those who have helped me, befriended me, encouraged me, and stood by me. I've lived in 4 states across the US. I climbed a mountain. I marveled at the limitless ocean and majestic mountains.

Is this it? Is this the highlight of my life? Is it all downhill from here? Will I have enough time to do all the things that I wanted to do?

The next 10 years will be a whole new adventure. Buy a house. Get a new car. Have more kids. Finally be OUT of college. See the world. Run a marathon. Climb another mountain. Make more memories.
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. "


Well said Abe Lincoln, well said. Here's to my 30's. May you be as much fun and as full of surprises as my twenties!

4 comments:

Kate said...

Are you kidding? There's no way it's downhill from here! You have so much left in you, so make the most of it and enjoy your 30s!! :)

irasema said...

Happy birthday buddy! Our 30s will be awesomer (hehehe) than our teens or our twenties!

Laura said...

Happy Birthday!! It's been fun reading about your life over the last 10 years. I think the next 10 will only get better! I hear that you are in your "prime" when you are in your 30's. Hopefully it's true!

Sara said...

What a fun thing these posts have been! Thanks for sharing. Hello thirties!