2008
Here are the 3 BIG changes at 28:
1. At 28, I became a MOM. This is the single most important event in my life. I struggled learning how to be a mom-what does this cry mean? how can I go to work and be mom? will my stomach ever deflate? I learned charity and compassion. I remember when Pip was first born having to take her up to Primary Children's Hospital every week. We would wake up at 4am, bundle Pip up, and drive to her appointments. I look back at those memories and wonder how I managed to function on so little sleep.
2. At 28, I moved to Indiana so Bobby could attend IU and get his MBA. When Bobby told me he wanted to go back to BYU and get his undergrad, I couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel. But at 28, the light appeared! We were finally done with undergrad and could start focusing on the ultimate goal: Business School.
3. At 28, I decided that I needed a break from teaching so I could focus on raising Piper. Quitting teaching was a very difficult decision for me. My last year of teaching was hard. I was absent a lot. My boss was...well, I can't say what she was, but she definitely put 100% into what she was. And I was pregnant for the first half and new mother for the second half. It was a balancing act I didn't want to do anymore. It's a decision that I haven't regretted.
And lastly, though not a BIG change, I celebrated my 10 year high school reunion. Senior 98 TC is Great! I didn't go to it since we were traveling/moving and I was still fat from having a baby (the last thing I wanted was to show up fat at my 10 year reunion).

No comments:
Post a Comment