Friday, October 1, 2010

Memory Lane Blunder

I wrote this little trip down memory lane days in advance and then set up them up to post on designated days...would've been nice if I scheduled the first post on the correct day. Oh well, it just means you get 2 for the price of 1 and it means that my 100th post will also be my 30th birthday. So it works out!

2005
My 25th birthday was very difficult for me. For one, it meant that my 20's were halfway over. A friend of mine told me that after 25 it's all downhill. I don't believe that. Great things happened after my 25th birthday. For my 25th birthday, I decided to take the day off of work and just relax. However, Boo had other plans for me. I had taken her out to use the bathroom when she spotted a cat stalking a squirrel. I remember thinking, "I'll take Boo over there to scare off the cat." Not such a great idea-Boo took off full speed and charged the squirrel. Caught off guard, I lost my footing was dragged across the grass on my belly for a good couple of yards. She finally stopped short of the woods. Yep, happy freaking birthday to me!


2006

The scenery has changed. We are now in Provo, Utah. Bobby and I moved to Provo so he could finish his undergrad at BYU. This is BYU's homecoming game. I can't tell you who we played, but we did win. Funny story about these seats. At BYU, they give you assigned seats. So basically, you rotate around the stadium with the same group of people. Well, the group we were stuck with had to be from planet mutant because for the entire season I stared at the biggest, greasiest zit on the head of the guy in front of me. Ughh, it was so gross. He had dandruff and those girls you see in front of us just thought they were the shizz. I digress...Twenty-six was a great year. I started working at a new elementary school and discovered I really loved to hike!

At twenty-six, Bobby and I decided to go through the Temple together. We were sealed in November at the Salt Lake City Temple. It was a really special and significant step in our life. I'll never forget that day for a number of reasons. One funny reason in particular is when they brought me to the wrong groom. I remember sitting and waiting for Bobby to come out of the dressing room. Finally, one of the workers came up to me and asked me what my husband looked like. I said his name is Bobby, he's tall with red hair.

No lie-they brought out a tall, red head with the name Bobby...but it wasn't my husband. I remember the guy was like, "That's not my wife!" and I said, "That's not my husband!" The temple worker was super confused. Finally, Bobby rounded the corner looking all exasperated and we were lead outside for family pictures. Out of the all the spiritual, testimony building experiences had in the Temple, this is the most remembered story.

1 comment:

tracyp said...

Ok, that's just really funny.that they brought you the wrong groom!