Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Pretty as a Princess




Our friends, the Monsons, invited us to go to the Disney on Ice:  Princesses show. Piper wanted to dress up like Cinderella (in her blue dress).  I wanted to dress up too, but stifled my urge to whip up a Belle costume.  It was a good choice because there weren't any adults dressed up as princesses. I know Piper has very limited knowledge on who Cinderella is, but she picked her because blue is her favorite color.  I love her logic.  After I got her all dressed up, she asked me where her crown was (doh!) and then she kept saying, "you're as pretty as a princess!"

The show was really spectacular and magical.  They did abbreviated versions of "The Princess and the Frog", "Tangled (Rapunzel), and Cinderella.  I'm not going to lie...I teared up a bit watching the princess finale.  They had every princess from every Disney cartoon come out and skate at the very end and seeing all the little girls get super excited about their favorite princess made me really happy.  

After the show, Pip couldn't stop talking about the princesses and how she wanted to see the show again.  Luckily for us, Disney on Ice makes regular appearances here in Houston.  I think we can spare a chunk of change to go see them again.  

3 comments:

tracyp said...

I'm seriously jealous of Piper's eyes.. and eye lashes.. I need some that expressive.

Laura said...

Oh my gosh, that first picture is priceless! They all are, really. What fun!

Kate said...

She looks so beautiful and so excited! :)