Thursday, April 12, 2012

This House is OURS!

We closed on our house today!  I can't say that it went with out some drama.  For starters, we had a bit of a communication problem between the "powers that be" and it potentially threatened our closing date.  Then our closing lasted about 2 1/2 hours instead of the 1 hour because we had to sign our documents twice due to a clerical error on the first set we signed and then we had a nail biting wait for the wire transfer to go through.  After we signed away our life in blood, we were able to take home these beauties:
To hold these keys for the first time felt sort of like holding my newborn babes:  afraid to drop them and in awe that dreams really do come true.  

Signing away- Bobby had to do most of the signing, but I did  put my John Hancock on a few documents
Welcome Home!  
After almost 10 years of apartment living, I am most looking forward to:

1.  having a yard of my very own
2.  not having to share my parking spot 
3.  not being able to hear my neighbors above, below, and to the side of me
4.  having enough bedrooms and storage
5.  and knowing that this home is permanent- we aren't going anywhere!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Hooray, hooray, hooray!! And a garage -- oh, how I miss my garage. The house looks awesome and you perfectly described what it's like getting the keys. I'm so happy for you! Have fun getting settled in!

Laura K. said...

Congratulations! And I totally agree with your list #1-5.

Sara said...

Congrats! Woo hoo!

Emily said...

How exciting! Can't wait to see how you settle in.