Who knew Baby B would have such a PERSONALITY? She is so much fun to hang out with and play with. I love this age!
What is Brynnie up to now?
*If you couldn't tell from the picture, B is officially crawling! B moves like lightning and there's no stopping her. She's started to pull herself up and stand with assistance so it's just a matter of time before she starts cruising and then walking.
*Speaking of being more mobile, B is also very, very curious and sometimes that curiosity gets her in trouble. B discovered Boo's water dish (just like her big sister did), Pippy's potty, every electrical outlet, and that power cords are meant for teething. We also know how to push/close doors and drawers. We have to stay one step ahead of her or else we'll have a fried Brynnie.
*Baby B has teeth! 2 cute little bottom teeth that she cut at the same time. What a nightmare for us and for her. Poor thing was a complete mess.
*Now that Brynn has teeth, you better watch your food closely or she's liable to swipe it. She loves to eat. Her favorite baby foods are: beef or chicken based, any fruit (bananas, berries, watermelon, avocado, pears), and pasta. She's also been known to steal a waffle or chicken nugget from Pip and a few fries from my plate. B's been practicing self-feeding and developing her pincer grip too. B is also completely weaned from nursing and drinks from a bottle.
*Brynn communicates! She can say "mama" and it generally refers to me. She also signs "more" and "milk". She has the sweetest voice and most of the time she's laughing or giggling. I'm working on "all done" and "diaper change" with her. Pippy gets in on the signing as well and will sign "milk" and "more" to her. I think she understands when I say "I love you" because she gets this huge grin on her face, but I get the same response when I tell her "no" along with a definitive head shake.
*Pippy and Brynn love playing together. Brynn has to be everywhere Pip is or wherever she thinks the action is going to be. If Brynn is left in a room by herself, she goes looking for everyone. Earlier this week, I put Brynn down for a nap in her swing and forgot to snap her in. I could hear B crying and it sounded like she was closer and closer to the door. Sure enough, she had gotten out of the swing (which is in the master bedroom's bathroom), opened the bathroom door, and crawled to the bedroom door to be let out. I never laughed so hard in my life. Sometimes when I'm in the kitchen, I see her little head peeking around the corner looking for me. She loves to be by people!
*Brynn's sleeping habits are pretty predictable. She naps in her swing, in the bathroom with the exhaust fan on for about 2 hours, 2x a day! Her nighttime sleep is from 8am-8pm. Once she's in her own room, I'll probably have her nap in her crib.
*At our 9 month check-up, the doctor commented that Brynn is one happy baby! I have to agree.
STATS:
Height: 28.5in
Weight: 16.5lbs
Eye color: Hazel- lean more towards the mossy green
Hair color: medium brown- her hair has lightened up quite a bit. Everyone always comments that she has the most perfect pixie cut.
1 comment:
yay! she's growing up so fast! and I'm glad she's so happy! Remember how she used to cry a lot? Those days ended! you made it! :)
Post a Comment