Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Masters 2012

 After applying year after year for tickets, we were lucky enough to get tickets to the practice rounds of The Masters golf tournament in Augusta, GA.  We flew out on Sunday and left the girls with my sister who lives in Atlanta (and the grandparents made sure to be there too) so we could enjoy a kid free mini vacation.

At the 12th hole.  We got to see several golfers make their way through.  We saw some former Masters champions, Phil Mickelson  and Mike Weir

Here's a favorite of mine Vijay Singh.  


Here's another favorite of mine and the whole reason I'll watch  golf:  Adam Scott. 
I was not the only girl lined up to get a pic of him.  He's really cute.


Bobby's dad joined us on the trip

the cross way at the 15th


the scoreboard at the 1st

We had so much fun despite it being warm and crowded.  We didn't get to see Tiger Woods.  He only played 9 holes and then went to the practice range.  By the time we got up there, he was done practicing and was finishing up signing autographs.  Oh well...

Many people didn't understand why we took this mini vacay as part of our 8 year anniversary celebration. I  realized early in our relationship that there's a weekend  in April where I could either be a golf widow or a golf fan-  I chose to be a golf fan and have watched The Masters every year Bob and I have been together.  So it was really special to get to spend this time with Bob and take part in something that he really enjoys.  Now that I've done it, I think I can cross this experience off my Bucket List...that is unless we get tickets to the actual tournament.

2 comments:

Kate said...

That would be my husbands dream come true! I love that you embraced it instead of becoming a golf widow. :)

Laura said...

I'm with Kate - I loved that you embraced what your husband loves! You are so awesome.