Saturday, April 7, 2012

34:24

 I think that's what the time said when I finally looked up at the finish line of my first ever (3rd 5K in all) afternoon 5K trail run.  I'm pretty proud of myself.  The time isn't exactly fantastic, but I'll take it considering the trail was mostly sand and tree roots and it was blazin' hot.  I swear the road portion of the race felt like the surface of the sun (I could feel my flesh burning).  But I finished.  I didn't stop.  I kept my focus on several runners and used them to pace myself.  I kept telling myself, "you can do this, you can do this.  If that seemingly fit looking person is dying back there and you're still going, you can definitely do this!"

The race was held in our new neighborhood.  It gave us a chance to mingle with some of the people that would be in our community.  

Me and my training partner, Baby B.  This little baby has helped me drop all my pregnancy weight and  an extra 10lbs!

Ready, Set, Go!  I positioned myself in the middle and found myself inching closer to the front.  

Getting my finishing medal and water

See that skinny girl behind me (#154) pouring water down her chest-  Yep, I beat her. I'm older and have 2 kids.  Ha ha ha ha ha!!!

My workout clothes are like bags on me.  Guess it's time for some new digs.  I was so exhausted in this picture. I  was ready to pass out dead. (But I still beat that skinny girl #154 as pictured above)

And I'm a finisher!

5 comments:

mcamp said...

Wow! Congrats! I don't think I'll ever get to that point but I sure hope so!

Kate said...

You look so great!!! Nice work!

Laura said...

You rock!

tracyp said...

Hilarious.. I would be bragging also if I beat said skinny girl! Congrats! I'm looking for a 5k to do here too. I'm finally ready, I think.

Jessica said...

I love that comment: "see that skinny girl?..." Take that! Way to go!