Christmas came...and went at our house. We woke up mid morning (after a fun evening hanging out with our friends until 11 and the parents staying up quite late doing their parental Christmas Eve duties) to a plethora of presents under our tree, neatly arranged on our couch, and a few were set up in living room. Santa was super busy at our house! Pip was
excited overwhelmed and opened a few presents before getting tired. We took a break, had our yummy breakfast casserole, and resumed present opening. That break was much needed and she happily tore open the rest of the presents. After comparing our loot, I prepared our Christmas dinner of Rouladen and then we all took a nap! When we woke up, I finished preparing our meal (which was on the verge of being burned- we slept for a while). I had to omit a few of our side dishes: the greenbeans and rolls due to time, but it all worked out. After dinner, we Skyped with all our family.
This Christmas was amazing! I loved being able to spend it with our little family. We did miss being around everyone, but it was still nice to kick back and stay in our jammies ALL day!
When it was all over, I jokingly told my mom that this whole Christmas thing is hard work and vowed that next year we were going to one of our mom's house where everything is already cooked (not burned) and the wrapping paper magically gets cleaned up.
 |
| This carpet was a HUGE hit! Piper spent most of Christmas morning playing trains/cars with her daddy. |
 |
| Somebody had their very first Christmas! Baby B couldn't open any presents, but she did love playing with the wrapping paper and watching the blur that is Pip run around the living room. |
 |
| Opening a present from her grandma and grandpa- lots of clothes and jammy jams. She also got a sanzzy kitchen set (you can see it in the background) from her Oma and Opa. She had so much fun making "soup" for us. |
 |
| This year's Christmas dress, Pip has a matching one. So cute! |
 |
| "Oh. my. gosh. she's a pink nightmare!" This is a velour hot pink outfit from Baby B: she must know I love hot pink and I love to lounge. |
 |
| Pippy picked out this tie for Bobby. This was her second pick with much prompting from me. Her initial choice was electric cobalt blue with daisies. |
 |
| Bobby got a tool box and a few tools for Christmas. He wants to be handy. I love how Baby B is lunging out of her Bumbo for a chance at the presents. |
 |
| Stocking stuffers |
 |
Hanging out with some her presents. I got her some chew toys teething toys. |
 |
| This was actually Christmas Eve. We were baking sugar cookies for Santa. Pip went overboard with the sprinkles. Good thing Santa really loves sprinkles! |
 |
| Christmas Eve- Bobby preparing the meat for the Rouladen. We went to 3 different butchers and ended up with 3 lbs of meat. Who knew getting them to cut 1/4 in thick slices would be so hard? |
 |
| Back to Christmas Day- Pippy showing off her dancing shoes from Santa |
 |
| The Christmas Dinner. It was delicious! Imagine green beans and rolls to go along with it. |
Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment