Monday, December 5, 2011

5 Months!

Alright Father Time, you can slow down now!  Baby B is already 5 months.  It seems like it was just yesterday I was writing about my 4 month old.  Sheesh! 

What is Baby B up to now?

*Baby B is still smiling!  Bobby mentioned the other day about how he loved that B smiled with her whole face.  She lights up and those dimples...I wish the pictures did them justice.  Too cute for words. 

*We can sit propped up on a pillow and can even lean away from the pillow and still have great neck and head control.  I love how she turns her head towards sounds and images.  She loves looking around.



*We moved B into Pippy's room after Thanksgiving.  Why didn't I do that sooner?  They, so far, have been getting along quite nicely.  The first night there was a lot of "shushing" coming from Pip. The "shushing" quickly stopped when I threatened to take away her stuffed animals. 

*With the move, came sleeping through the night- AGAIN!  We don't have a monitor, so if she cries during the night she has to soothe herself back to sleep.  I get up in the morning around 8, sometimes 7:30 and it's marvelous! Personally, I think it was me keeping her up at night.  I would go to her at every cry, whimper, or rustle.  Plus, having the food cart in the room probably didn't help B sleep either.  Now, we're both happy and well rested.

*Speaking of well rested, Baby B is taking 2 naps a day fairly consistently.  I've been reading Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Baby  (it worked with helping Pip get on a schedule) and decided to stop because it was only stressing me out and making me feel like a horrible mother.  I took a few good points and realized that B is not Pip.  Once I figured that out, napping has been better.  I can recognize where her threshold of "just right" to "overtired devil baby" is and I make sure I'm home before the horns come out.  I've screwed up a couple of times, but I don't get so upset when she starts wailing since I know it's kinda my fault.  We're getting there.

*Baby B has started rice cereal!  I have been looking forward to this time with much excitement.  We started a few days ago and B has been eating quite a bit.  I skipped the whole super watery thin cereal and fed her a thicker consistency.  She loves it so much.  I knew she was ready for it by the way she would grab at our food and watch us with jealous eyes as we stuffed our faces.  Soon we'll be starting our pureed fruits and veggies.  Pip even got in on the action and has tried feeding B- such a good big sister!



*I mentioned that at B's 4 month check-up the doc wanted me to take our dairy and soy to see if it would help with her general fussiness.   I can proudly say that both of us have benefited from a dairy/soy free diet.  I've lost about 5-7lbs and she isn't fussy anymore (with the exception of overtired devil baby).  While it hasn't been a secret that Baby B cried incessantly, I dont' know if I've gone into great detail about how dire the situation had become. 

Let's just say, I love my Baby B...but liking her was a whole different story.  It was really hard going through that period and wishing for quiet and not being able to find it anywhere.  And no one can imagine the incredible guilt I felt as a mother for struggling to find joy with my baby especially during those times. 

Don't cry for me Argentina, things are on the up and up. Even if I can't find relief from a bag of cookies, I have a special "friend"  that I pay to listen to me and I'm starting to get myself back again.  So it's all good.


STATS:

Weight:  I'm guessing about 13lbs

Height:  probably still 25.5 inches

Eye Color:  no longer blue.  I've polled several strangers who comment on how cute B is about what color they think her eyes are and the answer is a resounding:  GREEN!  But since I see her more, I say they vary from gray to hazel to green- mostly they're a dark green color.  She ain't no brown eyed girl.  You can tell especially if you look at Pippy's and compare them to her eye color, you'll see the green. 

Hair Color:  dark brown and getting so long.  I did spot a few golden highlights at her temples. 



Oh Baby B, you are too cute!

No comments: