Friday, October 14, 2011

Sisters

My most favorite pictures aren't the ones captured by a professional photographer.  They aren't staged or forced.  The wardrobe might not be matchy-matchy cute. They might even blurry or off center. 

Nope- the photos I love are the ones caught in a candid moment, snapped hastily with a point and shoot.  They have a certain realness to them that can't be fabricated. The ones that show love.  The ones that show my everyday.  The ones I wish I could burn into my memory.   Those are the photos I cherish. 

Today...I snapped a photo of sisters.


B looked so cute and serene laying on the couch.  She moves so much- kicking her legs, stretching her arms.  She'll be rolling around in no time.  I had to capture that last little bit of newborn in her. 

As I was capturing said "newborn-ness", Pip decided she wanted to be the picture too!  This isn't staged.  As soon as she saw the camera go up, she popped into the picture. 

3 comments:

mcamp said...

:)

Jenn Miyamoto said...

So sweet!

Hannah said...

I can't believe how much Brynn looks like Piper at the same age! So adorable!