Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Who Are You?

When I was pregnant with Pip, I knew who she was.  I mean, I knew her personality.   I felt very connected to her spirit in utero and knew that she was going to be happy, bright, and spunky.  I remember when we were deciding on her name and for a long time we thought she would be Lauren.  I kept thinking that Lauren was too serious of a name for her and that it wasn't who she was.  So when Bobby told me he liked Piper, I knew instantly that name fit her. And it does.  She is spunky, full of life, and has an overabundance of happiness.  When Bobby gave Pip her blessing at church, he blessed her with an extra portion of happiness.  Anyone who knows Pip, knows that she is a very happy child. 

On this note, (and it sounds silly and new-agey but) when Pip was a baby we would play a church CD while we were getting her dressed for bed.  It became part of her ritual.  One of the songs would especially touch both Bobby and I and we coincidentally coined it "Pip's Song".  She seemed to always calm alittle when this song was playing. The title of the song is: "Happy Still".  It was perfect and she'll even call it her song.

This brings me to sweet Baby Brynn.   During my pregnancy with her, I felt the same sort of connection with her as I did with Pip. For her, I felt a lot of love, kindness, and compassion mingled with seriousness.  I wrote in my journal of how felt that when people would meet her they would instantly love her and feel her love for them.  I wouldn't say I felt that she would be my peaceful one, but that she would be extremely kind.  There's no other way to put it.  Lately, I've been playing that same CD for B.  I started off by playing Pip's song to her and she didn't seem to enjoy it as much (probably because Pip would come running in the room with a "Hey, that's MY song!").  So I randomly started skipping around and stopped at track 6.  Instantly, B calmed enough to listen to it and as I was getting her ready for bed I felt that this could be her song.  So the ritual began, I started playing the song for her each night as I was readying her for bed.  Out of curiosity, I looked at the CD case to see what the title of the song was. 

The title is: "Benevolence".  How perfect.

2 comments:

mcamp said...

i love this post!

Jessica said...

That's really cool. I too love this post!