Tuesday, September 13, 2011

First Day of School! First Day of School!





Last week, Piper started a Mother's Day Out Preschool at a church in our neighborhood and I couldn't have been more excited! We talked to her about preschool and how she would meet new friends.  She was excited about that since she misses her Indiana friends a lot.  I felt that this would be perfect for her to get out and socialize and for me to go out and enjoy some 1-on-1 time with Brynn.  At the Open House we got to meet her teachers and check out the classroom.  Pip found a toy pig to play with and for the entire week leading up to the first day of school, she talked non-stop about the piggy.  Thank goodness she had something to look forward to when I had to drop to her off at school for the first time.  I was a bit worried that she would cry or get upset since this would be the first time I've ever not been with her for a long period of time. 

So, the first day of school rolled around and I woke up super early to get her ready, make her lunch, and get Brynn ready to go.  Preschool didn't start until 9:30, but we were a little a lot early.  We took pics, met some moms, and walked around the playground.  Pip was one of the first kids to get dropped off.  I walked her to her classroom and she made a beeline for the pig and completely forgot I was even there.  I was the 2nd parent to hightail it out of there and Pip was none the wiser. 

I missed her the whole day.  Don't get me wrong-Brynn and I had a nice time together.  We went for a 3 mile walk and took a nap.  But I spent most of the day meandering around the house waiting for my Pip to come home.  Needless to say, Pip was the first kid to get picked up :)

She goes 2x a week right now, but if she really enjoys it, I might sign her up to go 3 days a week.  So far, it's been a good thing for me and for her. 

1 comment:

mcamp said...

awwwww she's growing up!