Saturday, September 3, 2011

Smiles and Tears

This past Thursday- Sept 1, 2011- I took Pip and Brynn to an indoor playground.   The intense heat wave (100+ degree temps the entire month of August) kept us indoors quite a bit.  So I messaged my friend, Kelley R, and asked if she would like to join us.  Kelley R. is an IU MBA wife that I met in Bloomington.  She has a little boy, Sebastian, who is Pip's age.  Plus, we were also preggars together and our girls, Skylar and Brynn, are 6 weeks apart.  So our kids are destined to be pals.  Piper was super excited to hang out with Sebastian (or as she calls him Bastian).  I was super excited to chit chat with one of my favorite ladies.  Win-Win! 

Later, we joined them for lunch at 5 Guys.  The kids had fun having a little lunch date.  At first we weren't going to go, but Piper insisted that she wanted needed a  hot dog and that she had to eat it with Bastian.  Since Kelley is on maternity leave and it's obvious our kids enjoy each other's company, we plan on doing this more often. 
The SMILES...

Playing on the trampoline.  Piper doesn't get that you are supposed to jump on it.  She would get slightly annoyed at the children jumping around her and would just sit there. 

The MOST popular attraction at the playroom:  trains.  There were a few tears shed when she had to get off and let someone else have a turn. 
Enjoying a hot dog with Bastian.  She actually ate all her food.  But, you can't go wrong with hot dogs and fries.

 Bastian, Piper, Skylar, and Brynn.  The babies were DONE for the day.  I think they were jealous that they couldnt' eat french fries.  I love how Bastian is looking at Pip.  Methinks someone has a crush.
And the TEARS...
Awww, doesn't this break your heart? 

Not crying, but I get this face a lot from Pip when Brynn is crying.  She tries to console her baby sister and play with her, but gets frustrated that it doesn't help.  She's such a good big sister.

As for me, I haven't cried at all this week.  Yeah me!  I've determined that B is going to cry no matter what I do or don't do.  Today, I let her sleep in the bathroom with the exhaust fan on and she slept for 2 1/2 hours.  I also started tightly swaddling her again.  At first, we swaddled her completely.  But she seemed to like her arms out and would scream bloody murder if they were swaddled (such a departure from Pip who loved being swaddled).  We started swaddling her with her arms out, but then one night we didn't have her little swaddle blanket, so Bob used a receiving blanket and burrito rolled her. She slept so quiet and actually slept the entire night- as for me, I was awake the whole night waiting for her to wake up.  Bob had to go to Bloomington on Wednesday and I decided that if I was going to stay sane, I was going to burrito roll Brynn so tight she'd forget she even had arms.  And you know what...it worked!  She fell asleep at 9:30 and stayed asleep until 7.  Hallelujah, praise the Lord! 

As for today's little bathroom experiment, I got a nap in and naps make for happy mommas! 

1 comment:

Emily said...

Piper is so cute. She's always smiling, and it's adorable.