Tuesday, May 17, 2011

TEXAS or BUST!



Our lovely home in Bloomington. I miss it already!





I started packing right after Spring Break, which was in March. We sold our furniture the 2nd week of April and sold the rest of our living room pieces 2 weeks before we moved. So for about 6 weeks, we lived in our bedroom since the living room turned into Moving Command Center. I was very methodical and organized in my packing, BUT at the end of it all, I ended up putting whatever into any box it would fit into.





The 16ft moving truck was packed to the gills! We hired local movers so we didn't have to do it. I watched them jam boxes and pile our belongings to the very top of the truck. They managed to pack our truck in less than 2 hours. Honestly, I wouldn't even consider packing a truck myself and the next move...I'm hiring packers too!





Bobby and I caravaned from Indiana to Texas. Our trip started on Tuesday and we arrived in Houston on Thursday. We split the trip up into 2 1/2 days in which we drove about 10 hours each day and on the 1/2 day we only drove about 3 hours. We stopped in Tuscaloosa and stayed with my parents the first night and then drove to Sulfur, Louisiana. Pippy was amazing on the drive. I was amazing on the drive. I enjoy driving and seeing new sights, but this drive was pretty boring and lonely. There was one part where we crossed the Mississippi over this HUGE bridge and I nearly had a heart attack. For those who don't know, I am deathly afraid of getting stuck on a tall bridge over water.








At the Texas Welcome Center.





We're Texans!



I'll post more on our unpacking adventure complete with pics and a tour of our city digs.

3 comments:

Laura said...

So glad you made it safely! We miss you already too. Chelsey's house just went under contract and it's all really happening ... the preschool friends are all going separate ways! So sad. Have fun unpacking and getting settled!

irasema said...

i'm glad you made it to texas!

mcamp said...

Everything's bigger in Texas! Are you gonna have texas hair next?