32 Weeks only 8 more weeks to go...
It's been a few weeks since the last belly shot. Sorry, with the move and all the packing, the last thing I wanted to do was pose for a picture. My last appointment was at the end of April. I got my medical records and began faxing them to numerous doctors offices that would accept a lady in her 3rd trimester.
To give some back story, I was having the most difficult time finding a doctor. I started my search in March and contacted a few places that wanted my medical records faxed for review. However, because I was still missing some crucial stuff- glucose test, final physician write-up- I wasn't able to get those records until my very last appointment- which was 2 weeks before we moved. I looked up about 10 practices and narrowed them down based on negative reviews and hospital privileges. I called one place and went through the whole process of giving my information, explaining that I was in my 3rd trimester, and tentatively had an appointment. I called back, not even 5 minutes later and spoke to a different person, who informed me that I was "high risk" and therefore wouldn't be able to make an appointment. I explained that I just talked to someone 5 minutes ago and she said I would be able to make an appointment. Nope, no way- that person was wrong. So I said to this new person, "What do you expect me to do? I like my doctor here in Indiana and it isn't my choice to have my baby in Texas. So please explain to me how you deal with women who must relocate? Hmmm, tell me because I'm at a loss and you are not helping. " But imagine this being said half crying/half yelling and very hormonal. She had nada. So I hung the phone up on her with a "thanks for nothing."
That evening I cried to Bob that I wasn't going to be able to get anything and my stress levels were skyrocketing. That night we prayed that a door would be opened and I would be able to find a doctor who would let me make an appointment. I scoured more websites that specifically included words like, "high-risk", "you have a place here at ...", etc. The next day, I called the 3 offices that included those positive phrases. I faxed my records to 2 of them. In the end, I was able to get appointments at all 3 of those places. The door was opened and I was triple blessed. I even got my number 1 choice for practice and hospital. Sweet hallelujah!
My next appointment is this Friday. I'm looking forward to it just for peace of mind. I'm starting to get nervous about this new addition. I don't feel near as prepared for her as I did for Pip. We ordered a new bed for Pip so the crib will be for Baby B. I went through all my newborn-6months clothes and hung them up or placed them in the dresser. We got out the carseat, stroller, bouncy seat, and Bumbo. I still need a few things: a new Baby Bjorn for hot weather, diaper bag, a summer swaddler, and new bottles. Plus, I have to make Baby B her quilt. There's not a lot left to buy since we already have so much. The next 8 weeks will be crazy busy as we prepare for Baby B's arrival.
Now here's my stats: I weigh a really high number and I'm at the cusp of my final weight with Pip. I blame this on the fact that for 3 weeks we ate out daily due to the move and our kitchen was packed up. I also think that Baby B might be bigger than Pippy. She fills me out more and is super active. She sits close to the front and low, which is nice for my stomach and diaphragm, but bad for my back and hips. I'm so sore and uncomfortable. Thankfully, the weather is warmer here and not as rainy so I've been able to get out and walk.
Super cheers to only having 8 more weeks!
2 comments:
YEY for finding a doctor! you look great and i'm glad you were able to find someone.
I'm glad you found a doctor. I can't wait to see her :)
Post a Comment