I can't believe I'm writing 2 sobering posts. I promise that the next one might include some cute pics of the Pip. But I feel as if I need to share a few thoughts on this day as it will probably be included in my children's history books.
Osama Bin Laden is dead. He was the mastermind behind the terror and destruction on September 11, 2001. There are moments in history where everyone will recount where they were, who they were with, and how they felt as they watched history write itself. 9/11- is one of those moments and Osama Bin Laden's death will likely be another. For nearly a decade, the US has sought after this man. He's alluded them, until now. An elite group of soldiers, took out his camp in a raid. President Obama announced last night, that the terrorist leader was among the dead. Where was I? I was trying to get to sleep while a little 2 year old snuggled close by. Bobby came in and said, "Osama has been killed. The President just announced it on tv." At first, my heart got frightened that he had said, "Our President has been killed." Thankfully, not the case. I asked a few questions and then drifted back to sleep. When I awoke it was all over Yahoo. I couldn't' believe it. This man was responsible for so many deaths and he was now gone. It seemed surreal. I should feel happy and proud, but I'm not. I am more afraid that there will more willing to fill his shoes. I pray that America will remain steadfast in fighting against terrorists who wish to harm and promote fear. We can't begin to let our guard down. To the soldiers who are responsible for his death and our safety- THANK YOU.
Who Hath ears to hear, let him hear
5 years ago
1 comment:
I think there is a blow to the regime but there will be another to step in and some believe that he already had that in place before he died.
Personally I'm not celebrating his death.
Post a Comment