It's called a "film strip" quilt
I labored over choosing the fabric for Baby B's quilt. I looked at every fabric website until I found Fabric Worm. OH. MY. WORD! I kept oohing and ahhing at all the fun prints and color combinations. They're reasonably priced too! BUT because they had so much to choose from, it made my choices even harder. I wanted to make Baby B something that was uniquely hers and not a version of Pippy's quilt or a color palette like Pippy's (red, black, and toile ladybug theme).
I do need to add a disclaimer: I didn't choose a theme or color of B's nursery especially since she won't have her own "nursery" until we're in a house. So she has no theme or specific color (s). B will use the black furniture we bought for Pip. She'll also have a wooden name banner like I did for Pip, but it will be solid black, white, or aqua blue (I can't decide). I won't use the toile bed skirt (or any of the toile pieces). I plan on making my own crib skirt out of white eyelet fabric.
I know I'm ambitious- super ambitious especially since I don't claim to be an expert quilter or seamstress. But, I'm pretty smart and if it's too hard...I'll call my mommy!


5 comments:
I LOVE that fabric and have been wanting to make something out of it ever since I found it in a quilt shop a few weeks ago. Good choice. And that quilt pattern is super cute too!
What beautiful fabric! You definitely made some excellent choices. I can't wait to see the finished product - good luck!
Looks awesome! good luck with the bed skirt, my mom says they're not that hard, but I have yet to want to attempt it. :)
That is going to be so cute! I wish I had enough skill to be that ambitious. My next goal is to learn how to use a sewing machine:)
So cute! I can't wait to see the finished project!
Post a Comment