For our Memorial Day celebrations, we decided to head over to Kemah Boardwalk. There were shops, rides, restaurants, carnival type games, and lots of boats. Pippy loved watching the big boats sail off into the ocean. We even rode a very short "ferry" to the boardwalk (basically, it went a total of 25 feet back and forth, but it made her smile very big!). We rode on the carousel twice and then we took a train ride around the boardwalk. We stopped for lunch at a seafood restaurant and watched more boats sail by. There was a small aquarium that let you feed sting rays. Pip was too short and uncoordinated to do it, so Bob manned up and fed a few sting rays. They are jumpy little creatures and fast too! Pip ran around the aquarium looking at the brightly colored fish. The day was hot, windy, and extremely sunny. I think I got a little dehydrated, but I managed to keep up with everyone. Bob and Pip got a little sunburned. When we finally got home, we all crashed for a good 2 hour nap. We missed a delightful BBQ at our new bishop's house, so we ordered pizza instead(it was okay, Texans don't know anything about good pizza). We had so much fun!

View of the boardwalk


Showing Pippy all the boats out on the water
View of the boardwalk
Showing Pippy all the boats out on the water
Waiting to depart the train station!
1 comment:
Looks like you had fun! I'm glad you are enjoying Texas. You look beautiful and so does Piper - I especially love her orange hat.
Post a Comment