Saturday, February 5, 2011

Pregnancy Pic #2


17 1/2 weeks

I had to bring Pip to my doctor's appointment this past Friday. Let's just say, she kept me entertained. When you get to the doctor's you have to do a urine sample, so I brought Pip in the bathroom with me (she's in the "establishing a relationship with your potty" phase of potty training). While I was using the bathroom, I had a running dialogue from Pip about what mommy was doing on the potty, "No poo poo only pee pee.", "Wash your hands mommy, soap and water." , *flush* "bye bye pee pee." I bet the nurses and all who could hear were chuckling. She was pretty cute when she heard the baby's heartbeat. To me, it's not near as fast or pronounced as Pip's was. But it was there and that's all that matters. Pip commented that it sounded like an elephant or perhaps she was commenting that mommy had an elephant in her belly. Either one is not a very pleasant comparison. Overall, this pregnancy has been going well. I've gained about 10lbs-which for me is great! However, I'm starting to get my appetite back so next month's appointment might not yield such low numbers. We have an ultrasound scheduled for next week Friday. At that ultrasound, they'll look for some things/take measurements and they just might let us know what we're having. Getting kinda excited that I can start referring to Lil Mac as something other than "It".


2 comments:

Kate said...

haha, I love the bathroom commentary! Just wait until she knows the names of the body parts, and then it gets even more embarrassing, especially in public bathrooms! :) I'm glad that the pregnancy is going well so far! You look great!

mcamp said...

i've been waiting for an update, i think it's a boy :)