Sunday, January 23, 2011

Keeping Promises

It's been about a week since I sat down and really thought about my New Year's Resolutions. One of them is to create/make at least 1 thing a month. Another goal was to be more thoughtful of others. I've been thinking about the next thing I want to create and I decided that I was going to make these tile coasters. Also, I'm going to make Valentine's Day cards and send them to friends and family. I'm doing so great on my goals. I've also been scouring my crafty blogs for a cute Valentine's wreath. I found a few, but I can't decide which would be the easiest and cheapest. If you have an opinion to share, click on the link to let me know.

Fabric wreath
Paper flower wreath
Felt flower wreath
Crocheted wreath

Cute Pip tidbit: Pip has been learning to how to pray. She's been trying to say her own prayers at breakfast, lunch, dinner, and bedtime. Tonight her prayer at dinner was especially cute:
Dear Heavly Fadder, thank you for day, thank you for food, peas bless it. Jesus name (followed with a pause from the Pip and mommy repeating "in Jesus name Amen" about 3 times) bless Boo Amen! (huge grin)

Couldn't end the prayer without blessing the Boo.

4 comments:

mcamp said...

they are all great projects, the flowers would be time consuming but don't know about cost-

irasema said...

i like the fabric and the paper one. i'm thinking they would be about the same cost.

BrittWilk said...

i love it - that is still one of my favorite things kids learn to do. adorable. and piper is seriously such a beautiful little girl. your pregnancies sound different like mine were. definitely bet you're having a boy. i did! good luck!

Jessica said...

Ahhh... you gave us some options to vote on what to make! I like that ideas. Darling wreath ideas--I like the fabric one because it is full and chunky. Does look like it could be time consuming, though. Cost might not be so cheap either, unless you have the right fabric on hand.

Check out my blog for 2 new (well, somewhat new) wreath ideas on Saturday. I have one posted now, but should have the other idea by Saturday.

Cute little prayer, Pip! Keep that prayin alive!