Sunday, February 13, 2011

L-O-V-E (warning: might be too gushy for some)

I've had a few experiences this week that reminded me how much I LOVE being a mom. For starters, the weather took an amazing turn and we actually had a week straight of sunshine then this weekend we had temperatures in the high 40s. I took the kiddos outside for a refreshing walk. Pip loved looking at all the birds and kept asking about her duckie friend she made last Fall. I know I shouldn't get too excited, but Spring is right around the corner I can feel it!

We also did some things as a family with Pip. For FHE last week, we decided to make Valentine's Day cards for Pip's grandparents. We had fun helping her use scissors for the first time and sprinkling glitter everywhere!




I got to teach Pre-preschool this week and the kids were really paying attention and engaged in the lesson. We learned about the color red and sang a song about red to the tune of "Where is Thumbkin". Pip has been singing that tune all weekend and spotting things that are red. Her favorite is Clifford the Big Red Dog. For our craft we made cute heart suncatchers.

Pip has been especially cute and adorable this week. The other night when Bob was putting her to bed, she kept asking for baby Elmo. Bob hastily grabbed the nearest stuffed animal, handed it to her, and quickly made his exit (hoping that since it was dark, she wouldn't know the difference). He heard her exclaim, "that's not Baby Elmo!" long pause "It's baby Elephant!" Bob was caught. He quickly went in and actually searched for baby Elmo. One morning, I went in to wake Pip up. I found her sucking her thumb and staring at the ceiling, just calm as a cucumber. I told her good morning to which she responded contentedly, "I happy". Just melted my heart right there. This weekend, we were out test driving some cars. The dealership had red and yellow balloons on the cars. Pip kept asking for a balloon. I thought for sure she would ask for the red one, but she wanted a yellow balloon "like the sun."(of course, I bought her a yellow balloon like the sun)

Experiences like these help remind me how blessed I am. I feel so lucky that I get to raise an amazing little girl and that I'll get to have another beautiful baby. I also feel so lucky that Bob is such a great dad. He's tired and stressed as he finishes up his last 2 semesters of B-school, but he always has time to help me or play with Pip.

No comments: