We just had our ultrasound today and the doc announced it's a girl- he didn't even flinch, so there must be no doubt in his mind. We are so excited to have another little girl. She's measuring right on track and looks healthy-heart, brain, bone measurements. I was shocked because I thought for sure that this would be my boy, but I am so happy to have a healthy baby and whether it was a boy or a girl, it didn't matter. We feel so blessed to have this addition and that Pip will be an amazing big sister.
What's her name?
Well, I always say that a name is like picking your wedding dress, you just know. When Bob told me he liked the name Piper I knew that the baby we were referring to as Lauren was actually a Piper. And she fits her name to a T!
For this pregnancy, we toiled with girl names and tossed around several. Bobby and I both wanted a unique name, not too trendy. Bobby had mentioned several variations of this name to me and suggested we add it to our list. (Bob has great taste when it comes to our kid's names)When I heard the name, I felt very strongly that this was going to be her name-no changing at the last minute. Just everytime, I heard it or would say it-it felt right.
Her middle name is Hawaiian to honor my heritage. It's a name that I had selected for Piper before we decided she needed a "sweeter" middle name (Piper's middle name is Meli-which means Honey in Hawaiian). For this baby, I felt that (if it were a girl) she needed a more serene middle name-her name means "Mist of Heaven" in Hawaiian. I truly believe-as I did with Piper- that this name belongs to our new little girl. This is who she is and I hope that she loves her name as much as we do.
12 comments:
Sooo sweet! i love her name and so does john ^__^ we can wait to meet her!
Congrats again! Love her name!
I love the name. Baby girls are the best!!
Congrats! I LOVE the name!
Congrats!! I'm glad you'll get even MORE use out of all those baby girl clothes! :-) And I love the name - is it going to be Bry for the three-letter nickname?
I was certain it would be a boy but another little girl is just fine by me!!
Congrats, love the name. I'm jealous you know it so early on, Tom and I can't agree. Our baby may have to leave the hospital un-named;)
Beautiful name! You guys certainly make darling little girls so you can't go wrong there :) How fun...I'm glad she's doing well!
Congratulations on another girl!! I am so happy for you all. It is good to see you when you come to visit your mom but I think I learn more about what's happening in your life on your blog. Precious family. Love you!
Congrats! And I LOVE the name (not that it matters much what I think haha).
I'm so happy for you guys to have another girl! Having two girls close in age will be so fun... they'll be best buds! The name is super cute, too!
Beautiful name! Our next girl will be named Brynna, so naturally, I really like Brynn. It is a gentle name--time will tell if she fits her name! :) Congrats on the great news Lesly and Bobby!
Post a Comment