September 2000
Yep, that's me.
A few weeks shy of my 20th birthday. I stumbled across this picture while looking through some old emails. I can hardly believe it. Like...really hardly believe it. My twenties seemed very promising and my thirties seemed very far away. At this point in my life, I was starting my junior year at the University of Alabama. I was preparing to enter into the School of Education and pursue my Bachelor's degree in Education. This picture was taken in a biology lab by my friend Mike (who is actually a freelance photographer now). By looking at this picture, I can guesstimate that I weighed about 100lbs. The shirt was from American Eagle and the jeans were likely LEI. I made the necklace. My friends and I were huge fish fanatics. I used to wear a rainbow hemp necklace that I made with a glass blown fish on it. My best friend and I wore matching ones. I listened to Switchfoot a lot my junior year with a little BackStreet Boys and InSync. They were cool back then...promise. I worked at Michael's Arts and Crafts. I really hated working there. Honestly, I didn't have a care in the world. I had fun. Nothing really stood in my way.
To be 20 again...sigh.

4 comments:
The years do fly by so fast, don't they? :)
What a fun idea! I might steal it for my b-day next year. I look forward to seeing more pics! And happy early birthday.
Well I look forward to aging with you...oh wait I've already done that hahahahaha
I like this idea!
What are you talking about... Backstreet Boys and Switchfoot are STILL cool!
Post a Comment