I believe that no matter what...I was a teacher first.
This summer I felt a strong desire for Pip to do preschool. I needed to do something that felt more natural than just being a mom. So I got a couple of friends on board (we all have kids that are 2 or about to be 2) and we started Pre-preschool. Today was our first class and I think it went wonderfully. I was nervous since I've never really interacted with little, little kids before. It did feel a little like herding cats, but they were cute cats.
We learned about Farms, sang songs, and painted. Yes...you read that right! I painted with 2 year olds. Not as scary as I had imagined, but I was sweating bullets. I'm not quite sure how much they "learned", but does it really matter? Pip is so eager to be involved. She doesn't observe the world with those big, brown doe eyes. She takes the world in her little hands and learns from it. It makes me feel good to see her interact and learn from others. Pip and I love our little group of mommies and pre-preschoolers and are so excited to learn and play with them!
Who Hath ears to hear, let him hear
5 years ago

4 comments:
That's so fun! Good for you! I totally want to do something like that with Hannah, maybe next year. This year we're trying to get a group together to go on field trips somewhere every week. It's always fun to teach your kids and show them everything the world has to discover!
You did such a fabulous job! Ella really loved it and I look forward to doing it again soon. I still think you were braver than brave to have them paint! But it was worth it - Ella LOVES her picture!
awww...so cute :)
Who: [ex-] BYU 29th Ward members (still in UT!)
What: BYU 29th Ward Reunion Lunch (bring your own lunch and eat it at the park!)
When: Wednesday, September 22, 2010 - 12:00noon to 2:00pm
Where: Pioneer Park, 500 West Center Street in Provo
Why: to catch up, meet each others' kids and play!
We'd love to see any of you who can make it! It will just be my kiddies and I, but husbands are welcome, too, if they want to come!
Post a Comment