Wednesday, September 29, 2010

It's Just Me at 23!

2003

My 23rd birthday is one I'd rather forget. But for sake of posterity, I must include this story. Bobby dumped me on my birthday. In his defense, I did call off our wedding on my birthday. The details aren't necessary, but I wonder had we not taken this break in our relationship...if we would still be together today? The other thing about 23 is that it was just me for a good few months of it. I hadn't been single since 1998, it was nice to be a single gal. At 23, I decided to move in with my friend Megan. She had just bought a house. I lived with her for about 9 months before I married Bobby. I never had a roommate before so it was kinda fun having a live-in buddy. I also changed schools and started teaching at Lane Elementary.

I got married at 23. Now that blows my mind! I think about Pip and how I would not want her to get married at 23. It seems so...young.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I am loving this recap thing... I bet it has been fun for you to remember what life was like back then! Here's to counting the days down!