After running the Hoosier 5K on Saturday (I'll go ahead and say this now, but I was a total grump the rest of the day), we headed up to Anderson Orchard for some apple fun! We went last year with Kelley Kids and decided to go again this year since we had so much fun. We arrived late in the afternoon and only stayed about an hour. I got some great pictures of Pip taste testing each apple. She loved carrying around an apple and saying, "Apple, Apple!" She would rescue apples off the ground and got so upset when we would throw the worm-laden apples away. Such a tender heart.
The raspberries were just about gone, but there was a delightful pumpkin patch. I'm a bit of a stickler, but pumpkins-to me-should only be bought in the month of October so we bypassed the patch. However, we know where to go for some pumpkins! There were lots of apples to pick and several varieties that I had never heard of: Scarlet Beauty, Crispin, Stayman. We picked a peck of apples and tasted a few before heading over to have some delicious lunch at a local cafeteria. YUM-O! We finally made it back into Bloomington just in time for Bob to veg out and watch football.
On a side note: Since visiting the Orchard, Pip now thinks that the produce section at supermarkets are free for alls. The other day we spotted more apples and before we could stop her, she grabbed one and started chomping away. "Apples, Apples!" Too funny!




3 comments:
Oh, she's SO adorable!!
I love it!! I miss my pippers...i'm jealous that g'ma and g'pa are going to see her soon and I'm not :(
so stinkin CUTE!
Post a Comment