Saturday, November 14, 2009

Fondue?- Why yes I do!



I decided to host a movie night at my place to watch The Proposal. I have been chomping at the bit to make my chocolate fondue, even after I bought the ingredients, I couldn't wait to start making it. I love fondue. I don't know what is so satisfying about dipping fruit, cookies, and cake into decadent melted chocolate BUT I sure do love it. I don't claim to be "a cook" or "baker" but I'll post the incredibly easy recipe for anyone who might want to have fondue.

1- 12oz bag of semi-sweet chips

1-12oz bag of milk chocolate chips

1/4 cup of butter (1/2 a stick)

1 cup of heavy cream


Melt butter and cream to a simmer stirring constantly, mix in chips until melted, transfer to a fondue dish or leave in pot over low heat. ENJOY!!

PS: Fondue must really be consumed day of, not so good day after. It feels more guilty eaten next day.

2 comments:

mcamp said...

mmmmmm...chocolate...gurgle gurgle gurgle

i want to come visit again

Tom, Beth, and Ainsley said...

It was good. Thanks for the recipe, I've tried another recipe but yours is much simpler, and tasted so so yummy. I had fun on saturday, thanks for inviting me! We'll have to do it again!