I'm seriously not sure if anyone is ready for the awesomeness that is this year's costumes, but you've been warned:
 |
| "Blue" the Macaw like the one from Rio except she says her beak doesn't look too Macaw-ish. Wha??? |
 |
| and yes, I did make the entire costume in all it's feathery goodness. Just call me AWESOME! Piper's favorite part were her wings followed by the not too Macaw-ish beak. |
 |
| Holy Heck, have you seen a cuter witch? You can't see the costume very well, but she's wearing a tutu with an overlay and a little caplet that I painstakingly sewed. |
 |
| Boo! Ha, ha, ha (insert a witch's cackle) |
 |
| "Blue" and "Little Witch" |
I had to hurry this year to make these costumes before the annual Hocus Pocus Pops concert featuring the Houston Symphony. We showed up on-time and didn't sign up fast enough for the costume parade, but next year we know to be first in line. The place was packed and it was hot. There were booths set up for the kids to do things like decorate pumpkins, face painting, spooky pictures, and an instrument petting zoo. But it was super crazy with people clamoring for first in line and I lost Brynnie in the crowd. I wasn't feeling very well and suddenly became super lame...er...grumpy. We left before the free concert- LAME-O. I heard it was fantastic and now we know for next year. And lastly, I'm hoping that next year Piper gives me a less conceptual costume to make- who am I kidding, next year she's probably going to want to be "Winter" from the movie
Dolphin Tale (look up the movie and then you'll see why this costume would not translate well). At least Brynn is still young enough to let me make what ever I want.
1 comment:
oh I died from the cuteness! Great job on the costumes they look great!
Post a Comment