Tuesday, October 9, 2012

14 and 15 MONTHS


Blogging has taken quite the backseat when this little cutie turned 1.  She is ALL OVER THE PLACE!  I have no time and when I do have time, I'm sleeping because she is WILD! I'm exhausted   I have to ask myself,  "Self, did you shower today?" or "Self, did you eat anything?".  My mother says she is just like me when I was her age.  Oh dear...my little "Forest Child". 

14 MONTHS
*Crawled up a slide and was brave enough to come down it, but still LOVES the swing

*Never met a food or drink she didn't like...except ice cream.  B will shun ice cream like it's poison.  Her current favorite foods are:  hot dogs, strawberries, bananas, raspberries, green beans, broccoli, baby Cheetos, milk, hamburger, spaghetti, avocados (specifically guacamole), refried beans, yogurt, and apple slices

*Will pose for pictures and say "Cheese!"

*Won't snuggle on mom and dad, but will snuggle on 1 of her 3 blankets and if it's been washed, she'll go looking for it in the laundry basket.  She's also been known to sneak into Sister's room and take her stuffed animals

*HATES having a dirty diaper and has been known to take said dirty diaper off in protest

*B is a READER just like her sister.  As soon as she wakes up, she goes straight for the bookshelf and starts pulling books out. And she's not making a mess; she actually will sit and turn the pages of the book to "read".  Sometimes, she'll come find me, plop herself in my lap, and open the book for me to read it to her.  On her reading list is:  Open the Barn door, Goodnight Moon, Baby's Best Friend, Snuggle Puppy, Black/White, and anything "touch and feel"


Learning how to go up the slide.  Eventually, she made it down  and was hooked.  She went up and down the slide for an hour
Perfecting the art of saying "Cheese!"  every time she sees a camera. 
Piper took this picture.  B is her muse.

Future trumpet player?
14 months and already driving
Going "grocery shopping"
B plays very well on her own.  She entertains herself and is plumb happy to be left to her own devices
 15 MONTHS
VOCABULARY:  B never really picked up sign-language.  She'll sign a little, but has always preferred to use her voice to communicate wants and needs.  She understands the signs and responds appropriately enough for a toddler.  Her words as of right now are:

*Says ball, uh-oh, hello/hi, Piper, Boo, dad(dy), mom(my), Ava (Piper's friend), oh no, some form of "I go" or "I do"

*Signs "milk" and "all done", cheese

*Understands "come here", "bring that to me", "that's a no no", "go, stop", "Do you want more?", "All done?" "Goodnight, good morning"

* Lately, she's been mimicking sounds more and will have "play" conversations with me.  She's going to be a talker like her sister.

TEETHING:  My kids don't teethe like "normal" kids- they feel a bit hot, have a fussy day and a messy diaper, and BAM you look into their mouth and they have like 12 teeth!  The teeth just happen.  Brynnie had been sporting her 4 little beaver teeth for a while and she made darn good use of those 4 teeth (chomping up carrots and steak) when I noticed that she had her 3 first molars and the set of 2 bottom/upper teeth (lateral incisors) peeking through.  That's 7 teeth all at once!  Sheesh, what a trooper!  I can't tell you how happy she is now that she has 12 teeth- it's opened a whole new world of more steak and bigger pieces of hot dogs.

CLOTHING:  I've entered into a clothing realm that I am not used to-  Brynnie is wearing size 4W/5 shoes and 18-24/2T clothing.  To put this into perspective:  I just packed those shoes and clothes up last year from P's closet.  And most recently (as recent as last night), I put a few pairs of 2T leggings from P's closet into Brynn's.  Piper wore those leggings while we were on vacation in Colorado- LAST WEEK!   She is crazy growing- someone asked me if she was 2!

NICKNAMES:  Baby Brynn, Baby girl, Baby sis, Brynn-sters, Brynnie, B, Forest Child, The Brute, and Brynnie-pie
Traded up that old plastic car for something sportier



Hiking in Colorado Springs
Brynn said "ball"  



No comments: