Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Colorado Springs

 Our first day in Colorado, Bob and I took Brynn to Colorado Springs to see the "Garden of the Gods".  Piper stayed home and hung out with her Oma and cousin.  The weather was slightly overcast  and I was worried that the wildfires from the summer might make for a less than impressive view.  I was wrong-  the "gardens"  were beautiful and majestic.  I'm glad that someone took a look at these random rock outcroppings and saw enough beauty in them to keep it safe from developers.  
the view of the "Gardens"

Suiting up for the hike



the face of this rock had been weathered to look like heart

Bobby was lucky to have such cute kid strapped to his back-  I couldn't resist taking a bunch of pictures

the red rocks and green  trees reminded me of Zion's National Park
 

Is that a rock or a hat?  
The weather kept changing from sunny to cloudy to rainy, so we opted to skip strolling around the town of Manitou Springs and take a "quick" drive into the mountains.  The "quick" drive turned into 2 hours of being lost and driving on a dirt road.  It was beautiful, remote, and allowed Brynn to take a much needed nap; however, as the sun was quickly setting behind the mountains, I got a bit nervous that we wouldn't find our way to paved civilization.  Luckily, we did and made it home by 7.  Whew...

No comments: