After we booked our tickets for our trip to Denver, I immediately hit the local running websites to see if there were any runs happening while we were on vacation. Lo and behold the Color Me Rad 5K (a non-competitive race where you get pummeled with color bombs and end up looking like an art project gone wrong) was happening the very weekend we were going to be in Colorado! (I was planning on running it in March in Houston) SWEET! The race was so much fun (would've been funner if I had my pal Ms. L) and crazy crowded. There were about 5,000 people streaming in and out all day. We ran in groups of 300 every 15minutes. Since it wasn't competitive, people were walking, dancing, trotting, skipping, and some were running. It was a bit frustrating and the course was hard to navigate- I was dodging mud pits, tractor ruts, and prairie dog holes- those suckers are like moon craters they're HUGE. After managing not to run into a hole or anyone else, I finished in a haze of pink dust in about 27 minutes- YAHOO!
 |
| I'm super RAD! |
 |
| So fresh and so clean,clean! |
 |
| And not so fresh or clean anymore- cleanest spot on me was under my racing bib |
 |
| Rainbow shoes- good thing I wore my beaters |
 |
| 5th 5K- aww yeah! |
 |
| Post-race reward- don't judge! They taste even better after a run. |
2 comments:
Looks like tons of fun!!
Sorry I didn't run with you Lesly... it would have been super fun. Maybe next time!
Post a Comment