Baby B is turning into quite the chunky monkey. Today, I finally packed her Newborn 5-8lbs clothes (though she still wears newborn pants because her 0-3 month pants are either winter pants or summer shorts and she's not quite ready to expose those chubby little legs to the sun. Confused...well take a look at the next picture and it might make sense)
Yep, that's a picture of big sis Pip at almost 5 months in the same 0-3 month onesie and it's loose on her. Now for the pants explanation: Pip is a winter baby hence the winter 0-3 pants, but she didn't gain much weight due to her heart problem so she wore 0-3 month clothes until she was about 7 or 8 months which was summer time hence the shorts.
| Piper 4 1/2 months |
Brynn's Stats:
(note that my basis of comparison is Pip and she didn't reach many milestones until much later)
10lbs even- at her 2 weeks check up she was a solid 8. She gained 2lbs in 2 weeks. AND she's actually on a growth curve. That is so new to me.
Sleeps 3-4 hours at a time, she's starting to stretch out her night feedings and we're down to only 2- a midnight and a 6:30am feeding.
Mad Skills: Brynn is SUPER strong. She already stands up on our laps and will hold her head up. She loves to look at faces and shadows on the wall. Pip asked me to read one of her pop-up books to her and I had Brynn on my lap, I swear Brynn enjoyed the story just as much as Pip did. She was actually looking at the book. I noticed a slight grin on her face one day. She has 2 dimples.
Features: I already mentioned the dimples on her upper lip, but she also has a dimple in her chin plus a head full of dark hair and eyes (still) the color of sapphires. I hope she keeps those blue eyes. Yes, I know that most babies are born with steel grey eyes before their true color is manifested. BUT-By this age, Pip's newborn eyes were hazel or as I liked to call them "swamp eyes" before turning chocolate (at around 3 months). Brynn's eyes don't even have the slightest inkling towards hazel. Oh I hope, I hope, I hope for blue eyes. Surprisingly, I do- even on my side- have family members with green, hazel, and even baby blues, so it is possible that a darkie like me could have a blue eyed babe. Bob and I tend to defy the recessive/dominate gene theory. For the most part, Brynn looks like Piper. There is one feature that is different and that's the brow area. Brynn has a more furrowed brow, where as Pip had a more lifted, almost constant look of surprise brow line. Maybe, I see it- Compare for yourself.
| Brynn 1 month |
![]() |
| Piper 1 month |
Brynn is such a blessing to our life. We love her tremendously- even if she cries a lot and eats like a shark.


3 comments:
so big!! can't wait to meet her and see my pip!
Here's hoping she keeps those blues. No one thought Bri would keep her blue eyes, but she's here at 23 months old with blue, blue, blue eyes. I love them.
They are definitely sisters! I know what you mean about HOPING for a blue eyed babe: Bridger got the blues and I am sooo happy! I am nothing but a boring brown.
Post a Comment