In Houston, the only thing to do in the summer is go swimming! We've had over 19 consecutive days of 100+ temps with 0 rainfall. To say it's been hot, would be an understatement. Thank goodness the humidity's been low. I know next summer might not be as pleasant, so I'm enjoying the heat minus the humidity. I love summer, but I kinda feel like in Houston everyone hibernates in the summer. I told Bobby that I feel like I've been in hibernation for 9 months- winter in Bloomington and summer in Houston. Bummer! Well, despite the heat, Pip and I have ventured out to the park and we've started going for evening strolls around our complex.
Some other news to report, I had my 6 week check-up. Hooray! I'm down 26lbs with another 14lbs to go until I'm down to my pre-pregnancy weight. I credit the rapid weight loss to never having time to eat anything, nursing, and not having a huge appetite. I hope to be down at least 10 more pounds by the end of September when we visit Colorado. I told Bob I have to be in my clothes by then or else... Plus, I would
really like to go shopping for reals.
No comments:
Post a Comment