I am very proud of myself for making this quilt. For starters, it required piecing. I had to cut out each strip and center, then sew them together to make each quilt block. I've never done that before. I can't even cut a straight line! Thankfully, I had some tools to help me and I was able to cut 30 blocks and 120+/- strips in an episode of So You Think You Can Dance. I sewed each block and completed rows during Pip's naptime. The hardest part was determining the layout. Bob and I worked out a pleasing scheme during an episode of The Bachelorette. I wanted to machine quilt, but let's be honest...that's a bit too ambitious...right now. I opted to tie quilt instead. Note to self: do NOT buy cheap yarn and invest in a quilt frame. I tie quilted using my bar stools and dumbbells. I wish I had taken a picture to show the set up. It wasn't easy to say the least. Finally, I attached the binding. For Pip's quilt, my mom sewed the binding on. I decided to do it myself this time. I looked up various tutorials/blogs and felt confident enough to try it. I struggled with the corners, but overall, it looks pretty darn good. I even hand sewed the binding on (took 2 days), now that is love! My fingers are so sore and I pricked myself many times.
Who Hath ears to hear, let him hear
5 years ago


5 comments:
It looks AMAZING! Nice work!!
Cool!
WOW! It looks awesome! Hope you are doing well!
It looks fabulous! Great job - she'll love it.
My gosh, that is a gorgeous quilt! I love the pattern/color scheme. Nice work, Lesly. Seriously!
Post a Comment