Thursday, June 23, 2011

My World According to Pip

I sometimes forget that this blog is my journal. Acting as so, I need to document happenings in my life and, of course, Pip's happenings (for posterity's sake).
Since moving to Texas, Pip has changed quite a bit. Everyday she amazes me with her intellect and wit. She's become very vocal about everything and doesn't hesitate to use the word "No!" Even though I hear "no" a lot, I still consider her to be the coolest kid on the planet and I love that she and I get to spend so much time together.
What makes Pip so awesome? For starters:
1. She loves music and to sing. One of her favorite songs is a Britney Spears song, "Till the World Ends". It's a dance song and Pip refers to it as the "oh, oh, oh" song. When it comes on, she sings along with it. We also heard another dance song that went something like this, "put your drinks up, put your drinks up..." I get requests to find/sing this song to her. To add to her musical repertoire, she belts out a mean "Old MacDonald" and "ABCs". At church, she loves to sing "I am a Child of God" and knows all the words. She told me, on numerous occasions, that she wants to play the trumpet. But she has also mentioned that she wanted to play the drums, the piano, the violin, and a guitar. Basically, in her words, she just wants to make music.
2. Pip remembers and will reiterate books, cartoon episodes, and things that happened to her throughout the day. Sometimes, she'll start this conversation with me about a tv show or what happened to one of the characters in a book. I made the mistake of getting upset with her and "yelling", she told her daddy all about it at bedtime that day and the next day. She remembers EVERYTHING.
3. She has compassion and empathy. I never met a child who actually cared or had any concept of someone else. She's very sensitive and can vocalize her feelings really well. One evening, she was watching a cartoon and something bad happened to the character. I noticed her tearing up and sniffling. She felt really bad for the character. For the longest time, she named every stuffed animal "Happy".
4. Lately, she's been referring to me as "Mommy monkey". I'll ask her to do something and she'll say, "Okay mommy monkey." This morning, she told me she wanted "Daddy bird".
5. She loves trains, dinosaurs, farm animals and anything that has to do with farms (tractors, barns, hay), cars, rubber duckies, and horses. She loves lots of of other things too, but I know that I can't go wrong if I bought a toy or book about one or all of those things. She also wants to play sports: basketball, football, golf, and baseball. She always says, "I'm going to play____with daddy." She'll watch the sporting events and cheer. Bob was going to take her to a baseball game a few weeks ago, but ended up not being able to take her. She was a teensy bit upset.
6. In order to learn her colors, she associates them with something else: red like Elmo, blue like Cookie, yellow like Big Bird, and white...like Jesus. That one is my fault. What I meant to say was angels, but...well...best intentions. At least she knows her colors.
7. Some of her most used phrases are: "No", "That's a good idea", "That's funny", "Can I watch one of my shows please?" "How bout you park here mom", "Keep me safe mommy", "I use my chair as a table", "No pee in big girl panties", "Want to play mommy?" And many more, she talks non-stop- it's exhausting.
8. Pip can't wait to be a big sister. In fact, she is totally milking it. When we go to Target they have that dollar section right in the front full of random cheap stuff, she'll immediately make a beeline for it and will pick out an armful of stuff. When she sees that I'm going to make her put the things back, she says, "Mommy, I picked this out for Baby Brynn." How can I resist that?
9. Has a sense of fashion. She loves jewelry and shoes. At church, she told this little girl, "Cute boots." She constantly talks about her shoes and going shoe shopping. She loves shoes. I am most excited about sharing in that love...especially when she's old enough to shop with me at shoe heaven (Nordstrom's). Plus, she loves the mall. According to her, the mall has stores and she can get her haircut there. How did I get so lucky?
10. She loves to help in the kitchen-mostly she eats the ingredients, but she loves to help cook. We make all kinds of stuff- cookies, Rice Krispy treats, and granola bars. The other night, she helped me wrap wontons. That was a mess, but she loved it.
All in all, she's pretty cool.

No comments: