Mt. Rushmore
It's actually smaller than I imagined. In my head, I envisioned the presidents in a row. It's actually more like they're piled one top of the other.
This is Pip in her get-up. Yes, that is one of those backpack leashes. She looked pretty snazzy in her McRae Reunion t-shirt-thanks Elizabeth!I had to put her in the hiking carrier. She kept getting tangled up in her "leash" and was causing us to get left behind. But see what I mean about Mt. Rushmore being small.
Lake Sylvan
Here's me looking philosophical...
What was the most memorable thing about the trip?
I would have to say that for Pip, her most favorite part of the trip was taking her cousin's shoe and filling it up with rocks. Literally, hours of endless entertainment for her.
For me...it's a toss up between Bobby surprising me by coming to the reunion and the buffalo (tatanka) in the front yard. Hmmm...Bob or tatanka? That's a toughie!
Some other fun things about the trip: I was sick the whole time. The camera died so I didn't get near as many pics of the tatanka as I wanted. And I learned that Lost Springs, WY has 1 person living there. Lastly, I discovered how "big" my little baby has gotten. She looks like a kid now. Ohhhh...sad day.

3 comments:
You're right, Mount Rushmore does look small! Looks like a fun reunion, and YES, Piper does look like a little girl these days! They grow up too fast!
Fun and she's growing up too fast!
you didn't find the city of gold though?
Post a Comment