I just recently finished decorating for Christmas. Christmas villages are all aglow, Nativity scenes serenely displayed, a knock down drag out fight with Christmas lights and garland declared victory, and at-attention Nutcrackers proudly displayed. Christmas has visisted my home.
This is the "first" official Christmas with a toddling Piper. Bobby was in charge of watching her for the night. When I returned home, he informed me of all the "naughty" things Pip had done: she tugged on the lights, knocked over the nutcrackers, ate the fake snow and flowers from the wreaths, and the WORSE offense:
He caught Pip eating the Baby Jesus!!!!! The Horror! Blasphamy! My baby- the cannibal.
Also, last night we attended a Christmas party. They were passing around little antler headbands for all the kids to wear so they look like cute little reindeer. One little girl asked for Piper's. I said "that's okay, we have plenty of HORNS for her to wear at home." I meant to say "antlers" but I think this is what you would call a Freudian slip.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Who Hath ears to hear, let him hear
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment