With Christmas comes my favorite of all favorite traditions: CHRISTMAS MUSIC!!! I love Christmas music. I love that it is so special it comes out only once a year. My favorite Christmas song is Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas is You". I love it. I want to karoke to it...one day. Another song is "Susie Snowflake" and "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas". But the song I want to write about is a well known song: it appeared in Elf and countless other movies, it's on commercials and in the mall---Baby, It's Cold Outside.
I love this song too, but have you ever listened to the words? It's like the socially acceptable date rape song. She says "no"- he pours her a drink. She asks "what's in this drink?"- he informs her that there is no escape. On and on this merry go round goes, until...she's broken down and decides to stay. Pushy fellow if I say so myself.
Seriously, listen to it. You will never hear it the same way again!
Who Hath ears to hear, let him hear
5 years ago
3 comments:
I know exactly what you mean! I like it to and then I listened to the words and I'm like what? And then she starts talking about her parents...she lives with her parents...um...underage drinking and sex!? what the heck kind of song is this!!
i still like it though
Hey! I just found your blog. We were hoping we'd hear from you with a Christmas card. Put us on the New Year's card list, ok? Piper is adorable! So big.
I totally agree about the "Baby, It's Cold Outside" song. Depending on who is singing it, it sounds like some dirty old man trying to talk a young girl into staying and doing something she'll soon regret. Kind of creepy.
Post a Comment