Today I had an appointment with a new orthopedist for Pip's club foot. I had been very excited for this appointment because a: it meant that we could finally get new shoes for Pip and b: we could see how her foot is developing. Well, I am pleased to know that Primary Children's did a FANTASTIC job on her foot. However, I did not get the new shoes we so desperately needed. Her shoes are falling apart and her toes hang over the edge. To not have proper fitting shoes would only cause more problems. I was stuck between a rock and a hard place and the only person who cared was ME!
I left the office angry and in tears. Stupid doctors, stupid health insurance that's taking so freakin long to get approved, and stupid insurance underwriters who won't approve her shoes when I finally do get insurance. See I can't get her new shoes until her insurance approves them. We don't have insurance...yet. I tried explaining this to the doctor and telling him, I already knew insurance wouldn't cover it (we have a long standing fight on her last shoes with PEHP) and that we are still pending medicaid. He didn't care, he didn't see the problem. Why am I suddenly the smartest person in the room?
I even called back and said I will pay out of pocket for the shoes, I just want them now. He didn't even bother coming to the phone and giving me the information I needed to do just that. JERK!!
I decided to take a nap and hopefully by the time I woke up, everything would be better. Then I heard the doorbell ring. The doorbell could only mean one of 2 things: it's Piper's tutu or a birthday package from my mommy sent here to brighten my day. I opened the door and discovered it was not a birthday package for me, but Piper's tutu!
My day seemed a little better, the dark clouds parted, I felt happy on the inside. Seeing Pip in her tutu made my whole day a whole lot better! See a tutu really does make everything okay!
4 comments:
OH MY GOSH SHE IS SO FREAKIN CUTE!!!!
Sorry it wasn't a birthday gift...we will be the same age soon!! haha
I'm glad the tutu could brighten your day! That all sounds very stinky. And I'm so surprised it got there already! Hooray!
she is so stinking cute!
I'm sorry you had such a yucky day at the doctors :(
That tutu is seriously the cutest thing!
Post a Comment