Sunday, July 14, 2013

The Cat Has a Birthday!

 
I know what you are thinking: "I thought this was going to be about a cat?"  Well, this is our cat.  We've determined that Brynn is a cat.  She picks and chooses when she'll love you or give you snuggles.  Once she picks snuggles, she quickly wants to leave.  She doesn't listen, EVER. Basically, she chooses to ignore us.  We know this because she looks at us and just walks away as if we weren't speaking at all.  She is a cat.  And this cat turned 2 last week. 


 
For her birthday (which was extremely low key as she was a total grump.  Surprise, surprise), I took her bowling with a few friends.  For some reason, Brynn always wins at bowling.  She enjoys bowling for about 5 frames and then decides that everything else not bowling related is far more interesting- namely licking the ground, sticking her hands in the ball return, or going up to random people and just staring at them. The next day went to the movies and watched Monsters University.  For a cat, she does really well in movie theatres.
 
 
We've been going to the pool A LOT this summer and Piper wanted swim goggles.  Brynn decided that wearing swim goggles around the house was pretty cool.  She also likes to wear Piper's bike helmet when she gets in the car, sometimes she wears the helmet with the goggles.  I wish I had a picture because the description doesn't do her silliness justice. 
 
 
At 2 Brynn is:
*not talking as much as I had hoped.  I know she has something to say and she chooses not to say it.  Piper had a sleepover 2 weeks ago so we took Brynn to Costco.  On the way there, she was jabbering our ears off.  We couldn't understand everything she was saying, but it was the most vocal she's ever been especially in the car.  We determined that Brynn doesn't talk much because she has a chatterbox for a sister.  I'm still worried about her overall speech, but she understands a lot...now whether or not she chooses to listen or convey that she understands is another question.  Her favorite phrases are:  "whoa buddy!" she says this a lot while I'm driving and "what happened?"  she says this anytime something doesn't go the way it should.
 
*still has a good appetite.  She eats pretty well...sort of.  Loves bananas, fruit snacks, and spaghetti. 
 
*is always, always moving unless she's watching a movie.  She never stops.  It's exhausting for this pregnant mommy.  She loves to swim and do pretty much whatever big sister does.
 
*doesn't have a special bond with stuffed animals, but she loves her blankets.  She has multiple blankets and recognizes them by sight and feel.  I tried to stick another blanket in there and she threw it out and screamed until I brought in her real blanket.  She needs a blanket to snuggle and a blanket to sleep on at all times. 
 
*isn't potty trained and we won't be potty training her until she's almost 3 so don't even suggest I need to train her because I already tried potty training as a pregnant mommy to a headstrong 2 year old and it resulted in a very angry pregnant mommy.  When said child was nearly 3, she trained in 2 weeks.  I can wait. She does, however, let us know when she is poopy and/or pee pee.
 
*will do pretty much anything for a laugh.  She loves getting a good chuckle out of you.  She's a jokester and she's so funny.  She has these faces that she'll make on command, it's hilarious.  Her faces are: "no banana face"- this is a sad face, "zombie face"- this is her glassy stare when she's tired, and "pleased as pie face" or Cheshire grin- this is her " I've done something very naughty or I'm thinking about doing something naughty" face.
 
*is still a momma's girl.  There is no one else in her tiny little world that she loves more than her mommy.  Awww...
 
I was looking at pictures from when I was in the hospital giving birth to her and I can't believe how fast it went by.  Poof, my little tiny baby is now 2.  It's amazing.  You think you'll remember all the little things, but you don't and in a blink it's passed.  Slow down, time.  Slow down.

2 comments:

thanaglim said...

i wanna see a picture of her with the helmet and goggles on. I think that would be hilarious.

Laura said...

Two years already? Sheesh! Happy Birthday Brynn!