Now that I've given an update, I need to vent a bit about some of the things people have said to me, that make me want to throat punch them:
For some reason, being pregnant means that people can say what they want to you about your size, your desire to have the baby already because you must be so miserable, how you're going to have your hands full, and etc, etc, etc!
First off, during this pregnancy I've been known to tell people to shut up (complete strangers even) and I give the death stare/glare quite a bit. People that I know and don't know like to comment about the size of my belly. I get asked if I'm having twins or if the baby is measuring big. When asked about due date and I say I have 8 more weeks to go, they act like "HOLY CRAP! you are HUUUUGE! and you still have 2 months!"
Enough already. I'm 5'2. I have a short torso. The baby can only go out and honestly, I'm measuring right on track and secondly, I could run freakin' circles around you 8 months pregnant, I hold my full pregnant body weight in a perfect, straight arm plank for 2 minutes in the Texas heat after doing 100 biceps curls, and can probably out push-up your butt. My physicality is so beyond you and I'm 8 months pregnant. So bam!
Next issue: quit assuming my feelings of being miserable and wanting to have this baby already. Not once have I complained about the state of my pregnancy woes or expressed any desire to have this baby early. Seriously people, I'm not some selfish whiner that would rather risk my baby's health just so stop the "pain" of pregnancy. Baby's need to develop for 40 weeks. Is pregnancy easy? NOPE. Can I complain if I want to? ABSOLUTELY! I'm allowed to feel any way I want to feel, YOU are not allowed to assume my feelings and make them truth.
Lastly, the hands full comment. Some of those comments have been made in all sincerity (I don't take offense to it) and others have been made in a "Ha ha look at you, your kids are running around Target like wild boars and you're pregnant with another one!!" Shut up.
Being pregnant reminds me of the saying: If you don't have anything nice to say, DON'T SAY IT! I do get compliments though. I've had people tell me how beautiful I look or how I'm all belly or you should be on the cover of a Pregnancy magazine(that was my favorite compliment). Those I welcome, say those things to me because being pregnant is hard, giving up your body to create life is hard, being in a constant state of unmedicated hormonal imbalance is hard. Be nice to us pregnant (and post pregnant) ladies! Please. Or you'll likely get throat punched.
3 comments:
Amen!
And you DO totally look awesome. I love the dress!
You look very nice!
I <3 you! You should print this out and give it to the next idiot who dares say anything negative to you, especially the bicep curls and plans in Texas heat, whew, I'm exhausted just reading that. ;-) And you are beautiful, I don't know why people think they can be rude to pregnant ladies.
Post a Comment