I have a tendency to over extend myself by a lot and this holiday season will be no exception. I started my "holiday over-extending" by running in my very first 10K- Houston Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving. That's right, I've graduated from 5Ks and moved up a whole 3 miles. 5Ks started to feel like a walk in the park. As it turns out, 10Ks are a walk in the park too! My friend, Ms. Latsamy (Ms. L for short) and I ran together and we're making it our annual tradition. The race was, in my opinion, one of the best races I've run in- the course was great and everything was so organized. We ran in roughly an hour- it took us a few minutes to get out of the gate, but we stayed pretty much in the upper middle of the pack. We didn't sign-up to be timed, but they had pacers every few miles call out your time- I averaged about 9 minutes/mile. All in all, it was a great race and I'm looking forward to my 2013 challenges: running in a relay marathon and finishing the year off with a 10-miler in October (all is this is contingent upon another challenge: having the 3rd baby, let's hope there's not a 10K curse)
 |
| No too bad for running 6 miles |
 |
| Slowed down to get a pic before I crossed the finish line. |
 |
| My #1 FAN |
 |
| First 10K! |
 |
| Yay! We finished. Bob asked me what my goal was for my first 10K and I told him that I just wanted to finish it running. |
After the race, I headed home to prepare my first-ever Thanksgiving dinner and to entertain the in-laws who were brave enough to let me feed them "my first -ever thanksgiving dinner". I prepared the turkey breast and Bobby's mom (Oma) prepared the rolls and stuffing. We both worked on the pies and Piper even helped with the apple pie.
 |
| There are no rules in my house when it comes to eating raw cookie dough |
 |
| Baking with my girl |
 |
| Baking with Oma. Piper was more interested in eating the sugary apple pie filling than actually baking |
 |
| Carving or butchering the turkey? I can't tell |
 |
| Who's that man in the yellow shirt?- It's Opa! But this isn't a picture of Opa, it's a picture of the yummy food |
 |
| Thankful for family and our new home |
No comments:
Post a Comment