Wednesday, September 5, 2012

1st Day of School Conversations

Bees Class
2012

THE CONVERSATION 
P and I had over breakfast
Me:  Today's the first day of school.  Are you excited?

P:  1st day of school, 1st day of school!

Me:  Now today is different.  You are only going until 12 and then mommy will pick you up.  You know, they told me not to pack a lunch today, but I hope that's right.  So mommy's not packing you a lunch and you aren't going to have nap time.  But next week, you'll go until 2.

P:  No lunch and no nap time?  What kind of school is this?
"No lunch and no nap!"
THE CONVERSATION 
P and I had while driving her to preschool
P:  At my last preschool there were boys in the class.  Everyone was my friend except E.  E is a boy.  My friend Sebastian is a boy.  Except E has a round head and Sebastian's is oval. *giggle, giggle* That's a opposite, right?

Me:  Yes, very good comparing.  What shape is your head?

P:  My head is oval.  I'm the same as Sebastian.  Except Sebastian is a boy and he has black hair.  E had black hair like yours mom.  I have brown hair.

Me:  Oh yes, very good job.  You made good observations.

P:  I don't really like boys, but I will when I'm older. Do you like boys mom?

Me:  Yes, mommy likes daddy and he's a boy.  And you just remember that you'll like boys when you are older, very, very, old.


And it's these types of conversations that:
1. Let me know that sending her to preschool was a good idea.  She is too smart and clever for her own good.

and

2.  Although she was gone for a mere 3 hours, I felt like my right arm was missing.   

1 comment:

mcamp said...

so cute, I hope she has fun at school! I love those new pictures of them on the side bar!