Wow- I've been a blogging bum. January is my least favorite month- it always feels super long and typically it's cold and dreary. However, this January (despite a week's worth of sickness) has been much better than all previous Januaries.
We started up our housing search again- enter more stress into our life. I think this time around we're more confident in our budget, but our house/neighborhood wish list is still a spot of great confusion. I'm not entirely ready to leave "the Loop" and Bob is ready for a piece of suburbia. See, the weird thing about Houston is that everyone moved as far away from the city as possible and then complained about the commute. One suburb we're looking at is nearly an hour away-without traffic! It's insane, but it's also a highly desirable community. We plan on looking at more houses and then timing it just right so we don't have to pay double rent. This means that we could easily make an offer on a home by mid-February. Wish us luck this time around!
Last week, the entire house was super sick. On Monday, I started feeling like I had the flu so I went to bed early. By Tuesday morning B was up coughing and crying. She had a fever and couldn't /wouldn't sleep at all. P- the child with the immune system of a horse- started saying how she didn't feel well either. By Wednesday, everyone was sick and I had a small pharmacy in my home. Poor Baby B didn't eat for 2 days. I was extremely concerned about her getting dehydrated. Thankfully, she took about 2 ounces from a bottle on Wednesday. By Thursday, I was able to get her to nurse for longer than 5 minutes. I started feeling better by Wednesday and Pip was off and on with coughing over the weekend. Fortunately, we are all better and Pip was able to go to school this week. I hate being sick, but having a house full of sick people for entire week...really stinks!
And I can't end a post titled "January" without at least mentioning the weather- it's been BEAUTIFUL! I've never enjoyed a January as much as I've enjoyed this one. I keep thinking I should be out collecting Easter eggs because it feels like Spring. On the downside: I have no idea how to dress for this weather since it feels weird to wear "spring-ish" clothes in January.
Lastly, (this deserves a drumroll) I have officially lost ALL baby weight (Pip's and B's) AND I'm 5 pounds lighter than I was when I got pregnant with Pip AND I've broken the "10's" weight number I've been in for the last 5 years! AND I am 5 pounds away from my goal weight (which I hope to meet by my 8th wedding anniversary in April). I feel amazing and incredible. My clothes fit so nicely. I love it. I'm really proud of myself.
Journey
11 years ago
3 comments:
Congratulations!!
good luck on the house hunting! and congrats on the weight loss! i am now at my goal weight since last april and i feel great. the only "problem" is that now i have to buy new clothes :D
Hooray for you! That is awesome. Sounds like the weather has suited you well on all levels. I love Piper's pictures - too cute!
Post a Comment