Okay, okay I get it- at some point they have to grow up, but why so fast? Baby B just hit her 1/2 birthday mark this past week and we celebrated with rice cereal. I'm having a hard time believing she's 6 months. Maybe it's me or maybe other moms do this too, but I keep thinking that she's younger than her age. For example, I have to remind myself that at this point Pip wore outfits not footie pajamas you insist B wear, or Pip was already eating fruits and veggies and you're just barely starting B on rice cereal (more on that later), you were already shoving teeny 6 month old Pip into a swing at the park and Baby B still has to watch from the sidelines. The list goes on. Maybe I don't want B to grow up or perhaps I was in too much of hurry to reach the milestones with Pip. Either way, time continues to zip by and before I know it...B will be in college. *sigh*
What is Baby B up to now?
*For starters, check out my little Yoga baby. B is incredibly strong. I know I've said this before, but it is so true. If you lay her on her back she'll lift her head up like she wants to do a sit-up. She does yoga with me- she's a very centered baby.
| Cobra pose |
| Superman (not exactly a yoga pose, but still a great strengthening exercise) |
*Still smiling it's an infectious grin. Her entire face lights up- we love it
*Baby B can sit up- I still put pillows around her for her safety in case she falls forward or off to the side. Most of the time, she's leaned away from the pillows and they act more like a nuisance than a help
*Loves to look around at everything. She is very engaged. I commented to Bobby that it's like she soaks everything in, she really looks at her surroundings (it's not that zoned out stare) and is very aware. For example, whenever Pippy is talking or doing something Pippish, Brynn is glued to her every move. Or in the car, we'll hear Pip say, "Brynnie is looking at me!" Sure enough, I'll glance in my rearview mirror and see Brynn craning her neck to see Pip. The other day, my friend said "mommy" and Brynn looked at me. It's pretty cool.
*Baby B has earned a new nickname: Brynnie.
*B blows raspberries, coos, ahhs, giggles, squeals, and her first word will probably be "hi". She's starting to communicate.
*She's playing with objects and reaches for toys. She doesn't pass them between her hands yet, but I've seen her hold onto a toy and roll/pivot towards a toy.
*Speaking of rolling and pivoting, we are a super duper roly poly. She's moves around everywhere- lunges, thrusts, rolls, turns. Before I know it, she'll be crawling. As great as it is that she moves around, we have run into some problems with our newly mobile baby. For example, sleeping through the night ceased because she would roll over and get stuck or hit her head on the crib rails or the little music/light toy we got her for Christmas to help her sleep (the irony of it). She would wake up all through the night. Finally, we lowered the mattress and that has helped and I'm going to the fabric store to make this:
| it's called a "wonder bumper". I made one for Pip out of foam pipe insulators you buy at Lowe's. I didnt' cover them with fabric or anything. These are obviously cuter and more labor intensive. |
*Speaking of sleeping through the night...yep we're back to waking up at least 2x a night. It's pretty frustrating. We are, however, doing really well on taking 2 naps a day. I can't complain.
*If Brynn had teeth she would eat anything and everything in sight. However, we have a bit of a dairy/soy intolerance. We started rice cereal at 5 months and B did great! Her stomach...not so much. She would throw up, have gas, her tummy would sound like Godzilla. It was terrible. So I stopped- figured she wasn't ready yet. Well, I started back up again last week. Same thing. So I read the ingredients: a bazillion hard scientific names to pronounce and then the deadly duo milk and soy Shouldn't rice cereal just be (hmmm, I don't know) RICE! Needless to say, I spent more money and bought organic. The ingredients read like this: rice. Eureka! I fed some to her yesterday and today. 100% improvement.
STATS:
Height: 25.5in (38th percentile)
Weight: 14.2lbs (13th percentile)
Eye color: Hazel- more on the green side than brown. They are NOT brown. I have a side by side comparison with Pip who clearly has brown eyes and B's look nothing like Pip's.
Hair color: dark brown. She has a little mohawk, it's so cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment