I'm sure that for the first few months the only thing any new mom talks about is how tired she is. It's unbelievable when I add up just how much sleep I get- which is about 4 hours not consecutively. Baby B is on a wonky schedule. She sleeps pretty good throughout the day, however, she and Pip are on opposite schedules. So when Pip is awake B is asleep and vice versa. Her longest stretch of sleep is from about 8-midnight (right now as I write this post I should be sleeping...right?). But 8-12 is when I get my quiet time with Bobby and a chance to watch our shows together. And, even if I did go to sleep at 8, I'd have the most difficult time because I'll be anticipating the wake-up. At midnight B wakes up for a feeding and then drifts off to sleep for about 2 hours. Between 3 and 4 is the next feeding and sometimes it's pretty short so I can go back to sleep for an hour or so until about 5:30 when she wakes up...for good. Ugh. She is literally bright eyed from about 5:30ish until 8. It's horrible since Pip wakes up at 9. So, if I can fall asleep I get about an hour until I have to get Pip. Sometimes, I'll fall asleep while holding B or I'll put B in her Boppy so she can stare at the ceiling fan. I'm glad she doesn't cry hysterically, though I might be eating my words soon enough on that one since Pip was colicky. I do not wish colic on any parent. I'd take no sleep over colic.
Sleep. We should get together sometime.
Sleep. It's a distant memory.
Who Hath ears to hear, let him hear
5 years ago
1 comment:
Oh man, I TOTALLY understand. I'm sorry! When Mother's Day rolled around for me, Dakota was about a month old and all I wanted for a present was two weekends of getting to sleep in... feeding him at 7am and passing him off to Adam and going back to bed until the 10am feeding. It's so hard to function when you are so tired, and I totally think that having two kids is harder than one just for that reason alone.... you can't nap when they are asleep, and you still have another little person to take care of!! Hang in there. It feels like forever... but it will pass!!
Post a Comment