Sunday, July 3, 2011

Patiently Waiting for the "Real" Work to Begin

No baby yet
I've been telling Baby B that she can't come until grandma is here to take care of Big Sister. My mom comes tomorrow at 8:30am. I just have to make it a few more hours. Then I'll tell Baby B it's okay to come out. Personally, I really want a 4th of July baby. How fun would that be?
We had a bit of a scare yesterday (Saturday). We were spending a generous gift card at Babies R Us when I suddenly felt some intense contractions-more so than the ones I've been feeling the past few weeks. Bob started timing them and we discovered that they were short, variable, and about 15 minutes apart, we were safe. However, it didn't stop us from packing a hospital/sleepover bag for Pip and Bobby having his timer ready. . . just in case.
Today (Sunday), I had a few contractions at church but none of them warranted an early departure (much to Bob's dismay, poor thing was so tired since I was up most of the night attending to bathroom needs and he kept waking up panicked that I was going into labor).
So far, we're having contractions- even as I write this post- but none of them are following a distinct pattern. With Pip, my water didn't break so I have no real way of knowing if labor is imminent. All I keep telling myself if that: "We have to make it to Monday, We have to make it to Monday".

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Good luck. Lesly! We are really excited for you and your family. I hope everything goes well.

mcamp said...

oooooooooooo!!

tracyp said...

Glad the shower went well! Only 11more hours till g'ma comes!