Sunday, April 17, 2011

Thrills and Spills

First, the THRILLS!
In grand tradition of MBA bragging (I'm an MBA, I can say bragging because gosh darn it, we earned it after 5 years of indentured servitude to the fine colleges of BYU and IU): WE BOUGHT A NEW CAR! It seems that everyone we know is buying/doing something big to celebrate their 2 year sacrifice/poverty to MBA school- whether it's a house or a car or a cruise. We missed the boat (ha ha mind the pun) on buying a house so we figured a new car was better than nothing. We debated long and hard on this purchase. We couldn't justify a new car, but a used car seemed less of a deal and more of a headache. We went back and forth and I had to lengthen my apartment stay to make it possible, but I'm okay with that. Bobby will now be driving my old Camry- the car I bought all by myself at the ripe old age of 22. We plan on getting the old car detailed and looking nice again- it's been through the ringer these last 8 years. Bobby and I have challenged each other to see who can keep their car the cleanest the longest. I have new rules for my vehicle- no food, drinks, or DOG! allowed in the vehicle. I already see myself winning.




Now on to the SPILLS.


I fell at church today! I seriously don't even know how it happened. I was waddling and talking and probably chewing gum at the same time and then I was on the ground. My shoe caught the edge of the sidewalk and I sprained my right ankle and then to prevent myself from falling forward on my belly, I braced myself with my hands and my left knee took the entire weight of the fall. It took a good 5 minutes before I could even get up. My knee was all bloody and really stung. When we got home, I iced the ankle and knee. My right ankle is fine and I can walk on it, but my left knee is really banged up. It's swollen and I'll have a nice bruise on it. I'm glad I didn't fall on my belly. That would have been bad. Falls are funny when you see someone else do it, but when an old person or pregnant lady falls- it's kinda scary. I didn't cry and I wasn't really embarrassed about it. I hated the fact that I had a bloody knee in my brand new car. BUMMER!

4 comments:

mcamp said...

nice car!! not so nice knee :(

Chelsey said...

Ouch! I'm so sorry that happened. I'm glad you're okay and CONGRATS on the new car!`

Laura said...

Sweet car! Sorry to hear about the spill - NO fun.

Luke and Marin said...

Congrats on the new car! That's so exciting! Hope your knee gets better soon!