Friday, March 11, 2011

I want to go HOME!

I didn't think a 2 year old would be aware that we were moving, but I suppose I was wrong. After only 1 day of visiting TX and looking for a new apartment, Pip exclaimed that she wanted to go home. She proceeded to tell us on various occasions that she was ready to go home, not to the hotel but home and that she wanted her Boo and her friend Weston. Grown-ups or people who think they know everything about children always tell us that a 2 year old doesn't know the difference between anything and that they don't form relationships with other kids or make connections/associations. I tend to believe that those people are wrong. Pip might not have been aware that we were moving, but she is now and it breaks my heart to hear her say how much she wants to go home and how she will miss her friends.

On another note, we found an apartment to rent in the city. We struggled with where to live, but we know that this temporary home will help us save some money and give us a central location from which to start our housing search. It's the complex Bob lived in when he interned last summer. I felt comfortable enough to include it on our list of potential places to live should we not find another more suitable apartment. Ironically, this pick was actually our last resort pick. Bobby pointed out that we tend to make these sort of "out of left field" decisions.

Case in point: When we were choosing which MBA school to go to we had 3 options and I picked the 3rd school-a choice I have NOT regretted.

I know we'll be happy...cramped, but happy.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Yay for finding a place! And your observation of Pip makes me nervous for when we move with Ella ... who will be almost three. I better get prepared now!